axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Lets setup goals for Next release
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:01:06 GMT
Susantha Kumara wrote:

> Lets discuss the priorities of tasks for Axis C++ 1.3. Current task
> list and the priorities are given below. Please help to set goals for
> 1.3 release and give your
>
> feedback, ideas etc.

> 1. The real XML Pull parser integration (txpp) - Priority 1
>
>  - When the existing txpp parser is improved to handle namespaces we
> can use it in Axis. No need to implement the type conversion layer
> initially because Axis already has the type conversion routines
>
>  - There are some other volunteers to take up some of these work

hi,

it would be certainly nice if txpp could be built as a standalone
library and have namespace aware API that is similar to StAX cursor API ...

> 4. STL elimination - Priority 2

i think this point needs more discussion?! AFAICT STL is *mature* library
(really low  on bugs, correctness of algorithms tested!) *optimized* for
performance and i would be surprised if anything can be considerably
faster or work better?

that problem may stem (?!) from indecision about making AXIS C-is or full C++
and to what extent (templates ...)?

thanks,

alek