axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marshall <mpls...@yahoo.com>
Subject definitive steps for SSL support
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:55:17 GMT
Is there a definitive reference or link out there for
configuring your Axis C++ web service to use the SSL
channel?

I've got Apache 2.0.49 w/ OpenSSL 0.9.7d working on my
Windows 2000 Pro Box with a certificate generated by
me (non trusted). I can access staticURLs and URLs to
retrieve the WSDL (i.e. myURL?WSDL) over HTTPS. I used
wsdl2ws to generate server and client stubs using the
'-c' option to specify SSL.  The only diffence I can
see is that it changed a call to initialize the
calling proxy to:

m_pCall->Initialize(CPP_RPC_PROVIDER, SSL_CHANNEL)

instead of:

m_pCall->Initialize(CPP_RPC_PROVIDER, NORMAL_CHANNEL)

But when I call it with SSL_CHANNEL and a proper
https:// URL, I get AXIS_FAILED.  I've also tried
changing SetProtocol(APTHTTP), to
SetProtocol(APTHTTPS), to no avail.

So I guess I have 3 questions:

1. What is the right way to do this?
2. Is the fact that I have a non-trusted certificate
getting in the way?
3. Is there a way to get extended error information,
something more than just AXIS_FAIL?

Thanks in advance,
Mike