axis-c-user mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <dami...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis C++ build in Linux is now very simple
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:41:16 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 16:01, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Damitha,
>     I got some problems in the build process for the server side (when linking apache2
module).
> Client side was building fine. I am using Redhat Linux 9.0.

I tested on Redhat8, two Redhat9 machines and Debian and it builds fine

> libtool: install: warning: relinking `libaxiscpp_mod2.la'
> (cd /home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/src/server/apache2; /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=relink
> g++ -g -O2 -s -lstdc++ -o libaxiscpp_mod2.la -rpath /home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/deploy/lib
> mod_axis2.lo Apache2Transport.lo -s -lstdc++ -L/home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/src/engine/server
> -lserver_engine -ldl )
> mv: can't stat source libaxiscpp_mod2.so.0.0.0
> libtool: install: error: relink `libaxiscpp_mod2.la' with the above command before installing
it
> make[4]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
>
>     When I looked in the folders I saw that libserver_engine.so was in
> /home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/src/engine/server/.libs. However in the build process
it is
> using
>     -L/home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/src/engine/server (see in the above message)

This won't be a problem as can be seen from the following
mv -f .libs/Apache2Transport.lo Apache2Transport.lo
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link g++  -g -O2  -s -lstdc++ -o
libaxiscpp_mod2.la -rpath /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib  mod_axis2.lo
Apache2Transport.lo -s -lstdc++
-L/home/damitha/projects/cvshead/src/engine/server -lserver_engine -ldl
rm -fr .libs/libaxiscpp_mod2.la .libs/libaxiscpp_mod2.*
.libs/libaxiscpp_mod2.*
gcc -shared  mod_axis2.lo Apache2Transport.lo  -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/home/damitha/projects/cvshead/src/engine/server/.libs -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib  -lstdc++
-L/home/damitha/projects/cvshead/src/engine/server
/home/damitha/projects/cvshead/src/engine/server/.libs/libserver_engine.so -ldl   -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libaxiscpp_mod2.so.0 -o .libs/libaxiscpp_mod2.so.0.0.0

Note the line

/home/damitha/projects/cvshead/src/engine/server/.libs/libserver_engine.so

Anyway please take the configure.ac again from the cvs and test

thanks
damitha