axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Questions about Handler and Design...
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 04:25:12 GMT
hi,

>1. What is Handler good for? (Is it necessary?)

Handler are mainly to deal with SOAP Headers. i.e To process a incoming
SOAP Header, you can use a Handler. Have a look at the Handler samples
provided (the user guide mentions the locatoins of these samples etc).

>In fact, once i
> implement Handlers, I suffer the problem of Apache 2.X took up 98 to 99% of CPU
> resource,

I am not sure about this.

>so is Handler necessary ?
> and recommmended? ??

If you need to process a incoming SOAP Heder, you have to use a Handler.

>2. How do I encrypt my message?

Axis C++ was talking about SSL suport and I think "Elrod" send a patch
for this some time back. But I think this is not tested and applied yet
to Axis C++, or it is having a problem, hense not applied to Axis C++.
This patch was for SSL supprot for Axis C++ client. If you are taling
about SSL support for Axis C++ Server I guess it can be done through
enabling Apache SSL support.

Roshan