axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Titus Jakob" <titus.ja...@fh-aargau.ch>
Subject RE: C++ client problem
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:26:15 GMT
Hi rjsjr
thanks for yr answer. Stub is generated. Found it a idea to compare with
Calculator. Unfortunately I found no difference.
When compiling I run in the following warning, any idea what that could
be?:

c:\programs\axis-c-1-2-alpha-win32\include\axis\client\stub.h(614) :
warning C4251: 'm_vValues' : class 'std::vector<char *,class
std::allocator<char *> >' needs to have dll-interface to be used by
clients of class 'Stub'

Thanks
Titus

-----Original Message-----
From: axis-c-user-return-596-titus.jakob=fh-aargau.ch@ws.apache.org
[mailto:axis-c-user-return-596-titus.jakob=fh-aargau.ch@ws.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Sanford
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2004 16:35
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: RE: C++ client problem

Is your client code hand generated or generated by WSDL? If you have
hand generated the client then there are several things you will need to
look at. I know because I hand generated and had access violations like
this. Take a look at the Calculator sample application and you can copy
pretty much line-for-line their code and adjust to suit your needs. But
there are some things that are mandatory.

1 - You must call SetProtocol before calling Initialize
2 - You must call SetTransportProperty, SetSOAPVersion, and SetOperation
before calling Invoke

Regardless of whether you are hand coding or generated you can run into
errors if your data document is too large. In my case I had a 10K
document that exceeded the internal buffer size. If you are in the
position to re-build the Axis client library file(s) then you can go
into SoapSerializer.cpp and increase INITIAL_SERIALIZE_BUFFER_SIZE to a
size you feel is sufficient for your needs.

rjsjr