axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Horti, Andras" <andras.ho...@joanneum.at>
Subject AW: Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:40:28 GMT
For us the most important features are :

1.
	Unicode support
2.	Support http chunking
3.	Soap with attachments.

Best Regards
Andras

  _____

Von: Susantha Kumara [mailto:susantha@opensource.lk]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Juni 2004 09:16
An: 'Apache AXIS C User List'
Betreff: Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release

Hi All,

Lets discuss the priorities of tasks for Axis C++ 1.3. As a start I
would like to point out following tasks in order. High priority tasks
first,

1.	The real XML Pull parser integration (txpp)
*         When the existing txpp parser is improved to handle namespaces
we can use it in Axis. No need to implement the type conversion layer
initially because Axis already has the type conversion routines
*         There are some other volunteers to take up some of these work
2.	Libwww transport layer and chunking support in the existing
transport layer
*         This work will also improve/write transport layers to support
SWA at the same phase
3.	Improve 2 apache modules to support http chunking (I think
receiving is already done by apache. We need to improve it for sending)
4.	STL elimination
5.	RPC/Literal support
6.	Soap with attachments.

IMO tasks 1-4 are set high priority because they will bring Axis C++ to
be the fastest open source SOAP engine (the fact that increases the
customer base).

I will add the other tasks when the discussion thread goes on.

What do you think ? Lets discuss and set goals.

Thanks,

Susantha

Lanka Software Foundation