axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Mansart Jean-sebastien <jean-sebastien.mans...@etu.univ-savoie.fr>
Subject Re: Axis C++ Calculator example
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:12:49 GMT

Oliver Lyttleton wrote:

>On the client side, I'm doing exactly as you're telling me. However, I
>am unsure as to what should be done on the server side. Also, I'm a
>little confused by the Calculator.cpp file on the client side....
>
>if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->Invoke())
>	{
>		if(AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->CheckMessage("subResponse",
>		"http://localhost/axis/Calculator"))
>		{
>			/*not successful*/
>		}
>	}
>
>Does this mean that if the second if statement evaluates to true, the
>invocation has failed? How is the value for the result of an operation
>sent back to the client, should code be inserted to do this where the
>"not successful" comment is? If so, what methods from Call.cpp are used
>to do this?

Yes I know that this part is a little disturbing...
So, for myself I think that the second statement if evaluate to true is
a success, not a failure...

>Also, how is the result from the service invocation in
>$AXISCPP/samples/client/simple/Calculator.cpp returned to the CalcClient
>program? In the example taken from the user guide (see below in previous
>mail) the values passed to the Calculator method aren't passed by
>reference. So how can intOut have *any* other value other than the value
>it was instantiated with?!?

So here, yes you have to add some code...
so in the calcultator.cpp you have this line:
m_pCall->AddParameter((void*)&Value2, "addReturn", XSD_INT);
try to add a line like this juste after the /*not successful*/
Value2 = m_pCall->GetElementAsString("addReturn", 0);
this line is for getting the element where the response is...

I don't have enought time to explain more...
try to make it work with this...