axis-c-user mailing list archives

From dami...@opensource.lk
Subject [Fwd: Strange error trying to start Apache w/ axis modules, WinXP]
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:38:15 GMT
Subject: Strange error trying to start Apache w/ axis modules, WinXP From:
   "Randy Gobbel" <rgobbel@inxight.com>
Date:    Tue, June 8, 2004 6:24 pm
To:      axis-user@ws.apache.org

[Repeat of previous message, this time with fragment of httpd.conf
included.  Pretty trivial, really.]

On Windows XP, with both Apache 1.3.31 and 2.0.49, I get a "syntax error"
message for the line in httpd.conf that has the LoadModule
directive for the Axis module.  It looks fine to me.  A second error is
generated after that, complaining about not being able to find the module.

Here is what I added to httpd.conf (for 1.3.31):

------------------------------------

LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis.dll

<Location /axis>

SetHandler axis

</Location>

The text above was added at the very end of the file, as it says to do in
the installation instructions.  It seems to make no difference where the
LoadModule is included, it always gets the same "syntax error" message.
mod_axis.dll is there in the modules directory, and everything else is
also in place, as far as I can see.

This is a newly-downloaded copy of Axis C++, version 1.1.1.

Does anybody have any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks,

-Randy