axis-c-user mailing list archives

From kim.hs...@utoronto.ca
Subject Questions about Handler and Design...
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:16:40 GMT
Hi,

  First of all, thanks for those who answered my previous questions concerning
the Axis and Apache set up problems.

  Currently, I have just a few more questions

1. What is Handler good for? (Is it necessary?)
   Following the user guide provided on the Axis official website, it seems to
me that the Axis was performing just right without the Handler. In fact, once i
implement Handlers, I suffer the problem of Apache 2.X took up 98 to 99% of CPU
resource, thus the web service didn't work at all.  (so is Handler necessary ?
and recommmended? ??)

2. How do I encrypt my message?
   I m planning to have MySQL runs on top of Axis. So people could querry the
database via Axis + Apache.  For the security reasons, I would like to encrypt
the message, maybe by sending the message through SSL.  Do I do this with
Apache? or Axis?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Kim