axis-c-user mailing list archives

From yl d <chiesait...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RE: does axis c++ support other charset.
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 17:40:33 GMT
hi,Susantha

thanks for your reply.

yes,it is a big problem when i use a tool or lib which
don't support chinese.

however,i know little about charset.

i can tell  u what i know.(sorry for my poor english)

first,when i use axis java (client and server), it
works very well with chinese words.i think it is
because java deal with all words as unicode.the axis
server deal with chinese words in the source code from
gb2312(local encoding) to unicode (auto),and transfer
it to client.client get the unicode ,and deal with it
from unicode to gb2312.then we can get the right
result when we print or save the response.

second,i guess(because i never use axis server,i think
it is so hard for me to use it),if i use the axis c++
as client and server,it will works well too.because i
guess, the server will transfer the chinese words( one
chinese word will be encoded to two chars,the ascii
value of both chars  is > 128)  to the client.and the
client will show them right.

but when i use axis c++ as client ,axis java as
server,it goes wrong.
i think the server gives the client unicode string.so
the client shows wrong response. (but why it is
nothing? because of xml parsing?)

p.s.
the normal way of how we use chinese words in
c++&#65306;
for example:
we open a file in chineses words,and print the file
content directly,and we see the right show.because the
OS support gb2312,it is a kind of chinese encoding.

i wish what i say can help.