axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Kenrich" <Michael.Kenr...@pss-systems.com>
Subject RE: Samples does not run, no deployed services available
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 16:02:08 GMT

After struggling for a week with many of the problems reported by you
and others here (exceptions, deserialization of responses, etc.), I
finally punted and started using gSoap instead. This allows my C++
application to access a web service implemented on JBoss using Axis for
Java. I had incorrectly assumed that Axis C++ would be the best choice
for working with Axis Java.

My own impression is that the Axis C++ samples were not well tested in a
Win32 environment. I tried Apache 1.x, 2.x as well as the
SimpleAxisServer with no good results.

Michael F. Kenrich

-----Original Message-----
From: Scharinger, Florian [mailto:florian.scharinger@joanneum.at]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 6:27 AM
To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Samples does not run, no deployed services available

Hi there,

I already posted (an unanswered) message two weeks ago, when I had
problems connecting to a WebService (Invoke success, CheckMessage
fails).

Still, this does not work.

I also figured out, that the provided samples (e.g. Calculator) do NOT
work (properly). When using the SimpleAxisServer.exe, the return result
of the Calculator is always the first passed parameter.
---
Calculator.exe localhost 8080 add 7 5
Sending Requests to Server http://localhost:8080 ........

Result : 7
---

Thus I opened the calculator client source with VS.NET, and debugged:

 Although
int Calculator::add(int Value0, int Value1)
{
[...]
	if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->Invoke())
[...]
}
returns AXIS_SUCCESS, the method fails actually!

The problem is in clientaxisengine.cpp, method:
int ClientAxisEngine::Process(Ax_soapstream* pSoap)
{
[...]
	pService = g_pWSDDDeployment->GetService(pchService);
[...]
}
Method 'GetService' returns NULL, because the member
'm_DeployedServices' (wsdddeployment.cpp) is NULL.

This brings me to the end: Do I have to deploy the /sample/ WebServices
somewhere additionally (or programmatically)?

I really appreciate an answer, otherwise we have to go via JNI to a Axis
Java Stub Client :(

Florian.

  Florian Scharinger
  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

  phone:  +43-316-876-1219                   fax: +43-316-876-1191
  web:    http://www.joanneum.at/iis
  e-mail: mailto:florian.scharinger@joanneum.at