axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: **missing some libraries while installing axis - the instructions do not provide this info **
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:44:06 GMT
hi,

 >WHen I restart apache I get an error that libaxiscpp_mod.so cannot find
libserver_engine.so.0 file. So I tried to loaded this library by specifcying:
 >Load Module server_engine libexec/libserver_engine.so.0 in my httpd.conf
file.
 >This still does not fix the problem as I am getting an undefined symbol
error for 'lt_dlerror'

You don't need to load the libserver_engine.so like this to run Axis C++.
This step is not needed at all.

There are several posibilities for your problem. Please look at the
relavent one even though I have specified a general answer.

Possibility 1
-------------------
I guess you have followed the documentation at the Axis C++ web site
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/lininstall-guide.html). This installation
guide is for Axic 1.0. This installation guide at the site has to be
updated to reflect relese 1.1 of Apache Axis C++. The latest documentation
for the latest source code is available at axis-c-linux-current-bin.tar.gz
or axis-c-src-linux-current-src.tar.gz (at
http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/). i.e In the Axis 1.1 distribution.
The Axis C++ team will update the online documentaton at the site to
reflect to the correct latest one, in coming hours.

One problem of yours seems to be that So what you have to do is down load
the axis 1.1 distribution and follow the documentation in it. You can
either use the source at the 1.1 distribution or can use the CVS source.
But important thing to note is to use the documentation at the distribution
(axis-c-linux-current-bin.tar.gz or axis-c-src-linux-current-src.tar.gz (at
http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/)).

If this is not your case please ignore this.

Possibility 2
(Problem with 1.1 release). This is a current discussion going on. It is
very important to follow the rel 1.1 linux-installation-guide steps
carefully to avoid the problems with Apache 1.3 and Apache 2 settings.

rgds,
Roshan