axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Mark Sizer <...@15grant.com>
Subject Re: Switch from Xerces to Expat
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:35:26 GMT
Jaspreet Singh wrote:
> Axis hasn't switched to expat.. Instead it has allowed the users to use
> either expat OR xerces. Isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

 From the 1.0 documentation:
<quote>
  -> libs - Contains following dll which are needed by axis.
- xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
To run this sample client applications you need to have the path to
xerces-c_2_2_0.dll in the "DLLPATH" environment variable or
xerces-c_2_2_0.dll should be placed where the apache.exe is.
</quote>

 From the 1.1 documentation:
<quote>
-> libs - Contains following dlls which are needed by axis.
-AxisServer.dll
  Installing the Expat XML parser
The Axis cpp binary uses Expat as the XML parser.You need to download
the Expat-1.95.7 binary version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/
Extract the Expat binaries to a folder Called Expat ,we will refer this
folder as [EXPAT_EXTRACT].
Copy libexpat.dll file from [EXPAT_EXTRACT]\Libs to [AXIS_HOME]/libs/
To run this sample client applications you need to have the path to
libexapt.dll in the "PATH" environment variable or libexapt.dll should
be placed where the apache.exe is.
</quote>

It SOUNDS like a switch. I haven't gotten the source for 1.1 so I don't
know if it compiles with xerces or not.

- Mark