axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Kanishka Ratnayake" <kanish...@virtusa.com>
Subject Axis C++ 1.1 installation Problem
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:03:53 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to install Axis C++ 1.1 from the binaries and I followed
the installation instructions on the Axis site. Everything went fine
until I modified the Apache configuration file to load the Axis module.
This caused my Apache server not to start up.

However, I noticed that axiscpp.conf and sever.wsdd files were missing
in the $AXIS_HOME and $AXIS_HOME/conf/ folders respectively. I used the
axiscpp.conf_linux and server.wsdd_linux files in the above folders and
renamed them as the missing files. This solved the problem as Apache and
Axis works perfectly now.

Is this the usual case with the installation or was this just a 'special
case'??

My configuration is Red Hat Linux 9 with Apache 2.0.48.

Best Regards,

Kanishka Ratnayake
Industrial Trainee,
Virtusa Corp.