axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Schmidt" <schm...@fcad.de>
Subject Exception Handling in AXIS-C
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:16:36 GMT
Hello,

I am having problems with Exception Handling in Soap/Axis-C. Basically,
when an error occurs in my service I throw a custom Exception (by
extending java.lang.Exception or rather java.lang.RemoteException). This
is mapped to a wsdl:fault in the WSDL description.

I am wondering if and how this is mapped in AXIS-C. The wsdl2ws tool
generates the Exception class and the functions to be used by
Call::SetReturnType() for custom objects but at the moment what happens is
that I get the XML describing the Exception returned in the result string
(as my return type is a string). How can I set up AXIS-C in order to get
the fault parsed and an exception thrown?

Regards,

Stefan Schmidt
FelixCAD/CeCAD Support and Development
+49 (0)30 89690350