axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sudhin Bengeri <sbeng...@opnet.com>
Subject Getting SoapFault: Soap method is not allowed to invoke
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:49:07 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get the calculator service to work, I followed the
instructions in the Windows user guide for creating web service DLL and the
client .exe file. And deployed the web service by making the suggested
changed to server.wsdd (since I am using Apache 1.3).

When the client sends the request, I keep getting the following SOAP fault
"Soap method is not allowed to invoke" from the server, here is the XML
request / response captured by TCPMonitor:

Request:
=======
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
         <SOAP-ENV:Body>
                 <ns1:add xmlns:ns1="http://localhost/axis/Calculator">
                         <in0 xsi:type="xsd:int">10</in0>
                         <in1 xsi:type="xsd:int">12</in1>
                 </ns1:add>
         </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response:
=========

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
         <SOAP-ENV:Body>
                 <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
                         <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
                         <faultstring>Soap method is not allowed to
invoke</faultstring>
                         <faultactor>none</faultactor>
                 </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
         </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

FYI: I am working off CVS snapshot.

Thanks,
- Sudhin.

--
Sudhindra S. Bengeri
Modeling Engineer

Register for OPNET's Online Technology Workshops
http//www.opnet.com/TechWorkshops/
Register for OPNETWORK 2004 (Aug 30 - Sept 3, Washington DC)
http://www.opnet.com/opnetwork2004/