axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sudhin Bengeri <sbeng...@opnet.com>
Subject Axis C++ client program aborts when response HTTP has "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:20:39 GMT
Hi,

I have implemented a simple Axis C++ client that communicates with a web
service written in Java (Axis Java 1.1). Using TCPMonitor I found out that
the web service uses "chunked" transfer encoding which the Axis C++ client
is unable to parse and program aborts. The program abort occurs in function
SoapParserExpat::ParseNext(), when it calls the "XML_Parse (...)" function.
I have include the HTTP response below:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:25:07 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

216
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <soapenv:Body>
   <ns1:serviceMethodResponse

xmlns:ns1="http://wtn12038:1234/axis/services/MyService">
    <ns1:serviceMethodReturn
xsi:type="xsd:string">Sudhin</ns1:serviceMethodReturn>
   </ns1:serviceMethodResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
0

Note the "216" before the start of the SOAP envelope and the "0" after the
envelope. Is the Axis C++ team thinking of supporting this format feature?

Thanks,
- Sudhin.

--
Sudhindra S. Bengeri
Modeling Engineer

Register for OPNET's Online Technology Workshops
http//www.opnet.com/TechWorkshops/
Register for OPNETWORK 2004 (Aug 30 - Sept 3, Washington DC)
http://www.opnet.com/opnetwork2004/