axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sudhin Bengeri <sbeng...@opnet.com>
Subject Problem installing Axis C++ with Apache 1.3.X/2.X
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:28:50 GMT
Hi,

I downloaded axis-c-win32-current-bin.zip, and am following the
instructions in file wininstall-guide.html

I first followed the instructions for installing Axis C++ with Simple Axis
Server, I ran the simple axis server passing it port 80, when I ran the
base.exe, base.exe program aborted and the simple access server shutdown.
On debugging I found that the base.exe program aborted in function
InteropTestPortType::echoString while executing

nStatus = m_pCall->Invoke();

I vaguely remember to have read some where that simple axis server is not
stable hence I installed Apache web server
(apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-no_src.exe) and followed the instructions in file
wininstall-guide.html under section "Installation with Apache 1.3.X/2.X web
server"

After making the changes to httpd.conf and axiscpp.conf when I try to
restart Apache, Apache does not start with the error message:

"Failed to start Apache service"

And I get the following message in the error log:

Syntax error on line 988 of c:/program files/apache
group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load c:/program files/apache group/apache/modules/mod_axis.dll into
server: (126) The specified module could not be found:

Line 988 of httpd.conf is
LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis.dll

I have copied the file mod_axis.dll in the "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache\modules" directory. Can anyone guess what's going wrong?

Thanks,
- Sudhin.

PS: I also tried with Apache 2.0.48, but encountered a similar problem

--
Sudhindra S. Bengeri
Modeling Engineer

Register for OPNET's Online Technology Workshops
http//www.opnet.com/TechWorkshops/
Register for OPNETWORK 2004 (Aug 30 - Sept 3, Washington DC)
http://www.opnet.com/opnetwork2004/