axis-c-user mailing list archives

From susan...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Does axis-c ever work?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:15:47 GMT
Hi Valentine,

Axis C++ version 1.0 is working fine. But we know there are some
undocumented areas and bugs. You have to use xerces-2.2.0 with this. One
bug I know is that you have to have newline character at the end of each
line in axiscpp.conf file.

Current CVS code uses expat-1.95.7 instead of xerces.

> Hi,
> I tried to install different variations of axis-c code
> with: apcahe1.3, apache2, xerces-2.5.0, xerces-2.2.0,
> expat-1.95.7, and axis-c version 1.0, CVS.
>
> Whatever I try simple example interopbase doesn't
> work.
> Using axis-c 1.0 (build from source) it always fail on
> all tests. Using axis-c from CVS it run into infinite
> loop with statement "execution break".
>
> Could anyone explain what is going wrong, did you guys
> ever try to run your own examples?

Yes we did the release after considerable testing of the provided samples.

Since there are considerable API changes from 1.0 to the current CVS
version, the new samples will not work with Axis 1.0 server. Both samples
and Axis code should be from the same version.

> I would like to get
> any working shapshot to start doing something.

We are planning to have a stable release in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks,

Susantha.