axis-c-user mailing list archives

From dami...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Problems running Axis with Apache 2
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 06:05:22 GMT
Hi Istvan,

Since several people complained that they have problems in running the
samples I was forced to do a testing from scratch. But it works for me
fine.
Following I briefly explain the steps. I just tested the sample
interoptests/cbase. I tested on a redhat 8 box and used latest from cvs

set the following

$AXISCPP_HOME=/home/damitha/projects/ws-axis/c
$AXIS_HOME=/usr/local/apache2/Axis

install apache2(i used httpd-2.0.48.tar.gz)
./configure --enable-module=so
make install

cp -f /usr/local/apache2/include/* $AXISCPP_HOME/include/apache2_0/

install expat(I used expat-1.95.7.tar.gz)
After installing expat libraries should be availble to apache when apache
loads.(for example libexpat.so library should be in /usr/lib)
cp -f /usr/local/expat/build/include/expat.h $AXISCPP_HOME/include/expat/

cd $AXISCPP_HOME

vi configure.ac
--------------------
AC_INIT(FULL-PACKAGE-NAME, VERSION, BUG-REPORT-ADDRESS)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(0.3)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
CFLAGS="-Wall -Wshadow"
LDFLAGS="-s"
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
#AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile src/common/Makefile src/engine/Makefile
src/server/Makefile  src/server/apache/Makefile src/soap/Makefile
src/wsdd/Makefile src/xml/Makefile)

#AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile src/common/Makefile src/engine/Makefile
src/soap/Makefile src/wsdd/Makefile src/xml/Makefile src/server/Makefile
src/server/apache/Makefile)
#if you use apache2
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile src/common/Makefile src/engine/Makefile
src/soap/Makefile src/wsdd/Makefile src/xml/Makefile src/server/Makefile
src/server/apache2/Makefile)
-------------------------------

cd src/server
vi Makefile.am
change apache into apach2

cd $AXISCPP_HOME
sh autogen.sh
sh runconfig.sh
make install

cd $AXISCPP_HOME/src/client
sh autogen.sh
sh runconfig.sh
make install

cd $AXISCPP_HOME/samples/server/interoptests/cbase

sh autogen.sh
sh runconfig.sh
make install

After this step the .so for this sample should have been installed in
/usr/local/apache2/Axis/webservices

cd $AXISCPP_HOME/samples/client/interoptests/cbase

sh autogen.sh
sh runconfig.sh
make

cd /usr/local/apache2
cp -rf $AXISCPP_HOME/deploy /usr/local/apache2/Axis
give permissions to Axis
cd Axis/conf
vi server.wsdd
I've for server.wsdd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:C="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/c">
 <service name="InteropBase" provider="C:RPC" description="SOAPBuilders
Interoperability Lab Round 2 base test suite described at
http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/proposal2.html ">
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="echoString EchoInt
echoStringArray echoInteger echoIntegerArray echoFloat echoFloatArray
echoStruct echoStructArray
echoVoid echoBase64 echoDate echoHexBinary echoDecimal echoBoolean "/>
  <parameter name="className"
value="/usr/local/apache/Axis/webservices/libinteropbase.so"/>
 </service>
</deployment>

cd /usr/local/apache2/conf

add the following into httpd.conf

LoadModule axis_module  modules/libaxiscpp_mod2.so
<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

In /usr/local/apache2/modules
I've the following script to load the module and start apache

-----------------------
rm -f ./libaxiscpp_mod2.so
cp -f $AXISCPP_HOME/bin/libaxiscpp_mod2.so ./
sleep 2
../bin/apachectl stop
sleep 2
../bin/apachectl start

Now run this script

browse to
http://localhost/axis/

This should show the interoptests/cbase webservice deployed

cd $AXISCPP_HOME/samples/client/interoptests/cbase

./interopbase

That's all

damitha