axis-c-user mailing list archives

From dami...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Few Suggestions
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:22:59 GMT
Hi,

> I have two suggestion to concerned person.
> ** “_WINSOCKAPI_” is standard macro from Microsoft (defined in
> winsock.h)
> but it has been redefined in “\include\apache1_3\os.h”. I feel it
> should
> be renamed.

os.h is a generated file when you build apache. we just copy it from apache
install directory/include into $AXISCPP_HOME/include/apache1_3. Apparantly
this definition is only on windows apache os.h. In linux no such definition
is generated

> ** In Axis CPP client two definition of XMLCh (typedef wchar_t XMLCh;
> typedef unsigned short XMLCh;) has been used seemlessly. It works fine on
> Windows but it give problem on other platform. Is it possible to be
> consistent with single typedef throughout projects.

Could you explain this please. In my understanding you can choose to have
XMLCh represent wchar_t or unsigned short. not both

damitha