axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Problems running Axis with Apache 2
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:40:50 GMT
Hi Eva,
    I downloaded Xerces 2.2.0 and Apache 2.0.48 And installed them.

    Then I compiled and installed Axis 1.1 as described in Installation guide.

    There were couple of fixes that I had to do.
        1. in /usr/local/apache2/Axis/conf/server.wsdd file I had to add an empty line at
the end of the file (Thanks to Susantha on helping me on this)
        2. in /usr/local/apache2/Axis/axiscpp.conf and /usr/local/apache2/Axis/conf/server.wsdd
I had to change  "/usr/local/apache" instances with  "/usr/local/apache2" as my Apache install
directory was  /usr/local/apache2

    Doing those could make Apache start with apache without problems. But as I mentioned the
server segfaulted when I ran the sample client.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Eva Lange [mailto:lange@pcpool.mi.fu-berlin.de]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 5:33 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: AW: Problems running Axis with Apache 2

Hi Samisa,

sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I have a question to you. Which Linux system
and which axis version do you use and how did you manage it that axis c++ is running with
apache 2. I am an absolute beginner concerning web services and I tried to install axis c++
multiple times with apache 2, without success. Always my soap engine failed. Could you tell
me what to do for installing it successfully?

Thanks,
Eva

  _____