axis-c-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dan Labrecque <>
Subject RE: WebSphere Interop problems (Array types)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:51:18 GMT
Hi Ismael,
thanks for your response. However it seems as if the problem you 
encountered and fixed is different from the problem I am having with Axis 
I was able to get the calculator method to work. In fact all web service 
method calls with base types (e.g. int, string, float) are working 
successfully for me. The problem I am having is with web service method 
calls involving array types. 

For example, here is the flow for the Interop echoStringArray call. Axis 
C++ responds with a non-fault SOAP message but with no results in the 
response. The same is true for echoIntArray and echoFloatArray. The method 
calls for the base types are successful (e.g. echoString, echoInt, 
echoFloat), but all the echo***Array calls fail the same way.

****** (1) Interop base test - echoStringArray Request WSAD->Axis******

POST /axis/InteropBase HTTP/1.0
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
User-Agent: IBM WebServices/1.0
Host: localhost
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
SOAPAction: "InteropBase"
Content-Length: 726

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <echoStringArray xmlns=""> 
   <inputStringArray xsi:type="soapenc:Array" 
xmlns:ns-73742416="" xmlns=""> 
    <item>This is the 0(st/nd/rd/th) string</item> 
    <item>This is the 1(st/nd/rd/th) string</item> 

****** echoStringArray Response Axis->WSAD******

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:16:08 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Win32)
Content-Length: 362
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>

"Mirabile, Ismael" <> 
01/30/2004 04:49 PM
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <>

RE: WebSphere Interop problems (Array types)

Hi  Dan,
I've gone through  the code and found out a couple of things that break 
the result. 
This is what I have  done:
I've used the same  InteropBase sample application and modified it a 
little bit to target a  Calculator service that I deployed on Axis java 
running on Apache. The Axis c++  deployed always gave me the resonse 
"Service not registered at this  server". 
This is  what the packets flowing forth a back according to TCPMonitor 
look  like:
*** Request  ***
POST  /tgn-services/services/Calculator HTTP/1.1 
Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8" 
SOAPAction: "Calculator#add" 
Content-Length: 541 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<ns1:add  xmlns:ns1=""> 
<a xsi:type="xsd:int">7</a> 
<b xsi:type="xsd:int">7</b> 

*** Response  ***

HTTP/1.1 200 OK 
Content-Type: text/xml;  charset=utf-8 
Transfer-Encoding: chunked 
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:14:06  GMT 
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
" xmlns:xsd=""  xmlns:xsi="">

   <ns1:addResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="" xmlns:ns1="">

   <ns1:addReturn  xsi:type="xsd:int">14</ns1:addReturn> 
This is what I had  to do to make it work:
* There  was a problem here at SoapSerializer.cpp(597). The code 
"pParam->m_Value.pStrValue = *((char**)(pValue));" that prevented the 
parameters from getting serialized. I've replace it with: 
"pParam->m_Value.pStrValue =  reinterpret_cast<char*>(pValue);" 

* The odd sequence of characters "1f9 " (apparently code  generated from 
Apache or perhaps the Axis java?) in the begining of the response envelope 
breaks the parser. I patched it in the Receiver.cpp(98) with the code 
"m_pMsg+=5;"  to shift the pointer address;
* The most  problematic thing I'm still looking at is that the linefeed 
coming  within the response get added as elements in the XMLParser and 
break the parsing  in the soapdeserealization during the 
SoapParserExpat::Next(). The  solution seems to be stripping those 
linefeed chars from the response before  parsing;
I've tried to keep  track of everything I did but might have missed a 
thing or two. However, as far  as I can remember this code seems solid and 
I had to make only minor environment  changes to compile using VC7.
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Labrecque  []
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 10:28  AM
Subject: WebSphere  Interop problems (Array types)

I am testing basic interoperability between WebSphere Studio  Application 
Developer (WSAD) V5.1.1 and Axis C++ 1.0. 

I successfully installed Axis C++ with Apache 1.3.28 on Win2000, and 
successfully tested InteropBase tests between generated Axis C++ Client 
and  generated InteropBase.dll web service. 

I then  imported the InteropBase.wsdl into  WSAD V5.1.1 and generated 
corresponding web service client and web service and successfully tested 
this  within WSAD. 

My primary intention is to test  interoperability between WebSphere client 
to Axis C++ web service. When I  point the WSAD client to the Axis C++ web 
service, the echo methods specifying  basic types (e.g. integer, string, 
float) are successful, but *all* echo  methods specifying array types fail 
with the Axis C++ container returning back  a vaild SOAP response (i.e. 
not a SOAP Fault) but with no return elements in  the respose. 

I have captured the message flows  (using the WSAD TCP/IP monitor server) 
for three cases - echoStringArray,  echoIntegerArray, and echoFloatArray. 
All of the results are the same, a SOAP  response with no elements 
returned. Could anyone tell why this is not working  - my intention is to 
fully get the Interop tests successful between WebSphere  clients and Axis 
C++ web services. 

Thanks and Best  Regards, 

View raw message