axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Mirabile, Ismael" <imirabil...@ccsc.com>
Subject RE: >> Getting started error
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:43:13 GMT
Hi Neil,

My answer does not address you problem directly but perhaps can help a
little.

We here also use the Axis java on the server. After trying to set up the
Axis c++ on my server I got stuck on some problems starting apache (error
126). I decided then to use the java version on the server to test the c++
client.

By deploying some simple services -- like the calculator example -- on the
Axis java server and tweaking the InteropBase sample code to direct the
requests to that server I got the client to work.

The code on the client was very stable but needed patches in a few places:

- creating the parameters;
- parsing the xml returned from the java server due to some code
  embedded in the soap envelope -- this wouldn't probably be
  necessary if the server were Axis c++; and
- matching some tags returned from the server -- not code error
  here, just some packet adjustments needed; TCPMonitor was a great help
  with this task.

Hope that helps.
Ismael