axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <>
Subject [Important] Fwd: Please implement Apache Project Branding Requirements
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:35:57 GMT
Can somebody please let me know whether any progress has been made on
the implementation of the project branding requirements for the C/C++
subprojects? Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shane Curcuru <>
Date: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM
Subject: Please implement Apache Project Branding Requirements

Dear PMCs:

To better showcase our projects and the "community of developers and
users" that all Apache projects belong to, please plan to implement
the new Apache Project Branding Requirements that the ASF Brand
Management team has published.

Since some of these requirements for project websites are new, and
many may not been clearly documented, it's expected that it may take
time for projects to update their public presence to reflect the
requirements. We certainly don't want to mandate technical
requirements to projects, but we do believe that having some
consistent elements and proper treatment of trademarks across all of
our project's sites is important.

PMC CHAIRS ACTION: To track your project's progress on these branding
requirements, please include the below checklist in any reports
submitted to the board until everything is complete (if you don't have
time for an October report that's fine! 8-).  We'd like to see all
projects updated to follow these requirements by the end of 2011 Q1.

Please email the mailing list with all questions
or suggestions (please do not reply-all, since that may include a lot
of different pmcs@!)

Note that I plan to checkin at least a basic DOAP for every Apache
software product by the end of ApacheCon to help cover that
requirement; so if you plan to add your own new DOAP file in your
project repo, please let me know!

- Shane Curcuru
VP, Brand Management, The Apache Software Foundation
    bcc: board@

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message