axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: AXIS2C why axutil_error_default.h and axutil_error.h
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 03:38:08 GMT
Hi Nadir,
Nadir Amra wrote:
> I am trying to understand the need for axutil_error_default.h.  My
> thinking is the single thing in this file:
>
>     AXIS2_EXTERN axutil_error_t *AXIS2_CALL
>     axutil_error_create(
>         axutil_allocator_t * allocator);
>
> Should be in axutil_error.h and axutil_error_default.h eliminated.
>
> I plan on doing this unless there is something that I am missing?

This is because we need to be able to pass environment a custom
implementation of error.
When creating environment one can use a constructor like
axutil_env_create, which just take
allocator as argument. In that case it create the default error by using
axutil_error_create().

However one can use a function like axutil_env_create_with_error_log in
which case she can pass
her own error implementation. In that case she will implement her own
error implementation by including
error.h, not error_default.h. She will have her own error constructor in
different name.

Thanks,
Damitha
> Nadir Amra
> Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
> Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

Damitha Kumarage
Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/