axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EHAS...@transunion.com>
Subject RE: changing the axis2/c message encoding
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:35:17 GMT

...snip...
>The axis2_engine_send function seems to invokes "phases", so
>maybe I can
>hack something in here to set the charset in the msg_ctx?  I found some
>general documentation about how phases and flows work in axis2, but I'm
>not quite sure how to go about implementing a phase.  Can someone point
>me towards an example?  Does this even sound like a reasonable way to
>get the encoding set?  It seems like it's way harder than it should be.

well, to response to my own email yet again, I used the addressing
module from the axis2c sources as an example and managed to create my
own module that sets the encoding in the msg_ctx and actually sends a
request with "Content-Type: text/xml;charset=ISO-8851-1" in the headers.
Unfortunately, the server side still had a problem deserializing the
request.  I guess this isn't something that has been tested much, and
I'm probably in for a world of pain to get it working. :(

eric