axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Brown <gordonw.br...@yahoo.com>
Subject when Basic authentication is on, each cleint call sends out two request to server
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 16:23:32 GMT

Hi There,

I sent out the message earlier but somehow the message is messed up, so try it again.

I am currently encountering a serious bug that seems exist in axis2/c. I am using version
1.5 and I also tried version 1.6. The bug has to do with the usage of Basic Authentication
in web service client calls. I noticed that the server side receives two calls for each one
client call. This caused problem in server side, because for each call, the server side is
supposed to post data in a database table and then send out emails. Now, for each client call,
the server side post the same data twice and send out emails twice.

This is absolutely unacceptable. This means that Basic authentication is not supported in
axis2/c.

I was browsing the bug database and noticed that there is a bug reported (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1244)
for this problem. Is there any plan to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Gordon