axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <>
Subject axis2/c using openSSL with no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 05:01:19 GMT
Hi There,
  I am using axis2/c to develop a web service client application. I use openSSL to web service
https/SSL communication.  In order to avoid the patent issue for the portion of openSSL,
I build the openSSL libraries myself using ./config no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5.
All is working fine as far as I am concerned, my client application can talk to web service
server through https. Now my question is:  What cypto algorith is actually used in the https/SSL
communication? What is really turned off by using no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5? If these things
are not needed, then why they are there?
Thanks much!

View raw message