axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Vivian Wang <vivianwan...@yahoo.com>
Subject a HTTPS/SSL question
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 04:05:30 GMT
Hi, there,

I have a web service client using axis2/c to access a Salesforce.com web site that is protected
with SSL (the url starts with https://). I didn't give a certificate chain file path in the
configuration file axis2.xml, so the web service client failed. However, if I use soapUI (a
free downloaded web service testing tool) to access the same serivce without giving any SSL
related setting (just like accessing a service starting with http://), it all goes fine. What
is the difference here? Is there any setting I can do in axis2/c to make it work as soapUI?

I noticed another similar thing. When a wsdl parser (from axis-j 1.4) tring to retrieve a
SSL-protected wsdl (I set it up in TOMCAT) using a URL that starts with https:, I have a provide
a client keystore (using jsse system.setProperty(....)) otherwise I will get an error saying
something like trustedstore not found, but soapUI was just fine loading the same wsdl. What's
really going on?

Any help is much appreciated!

Vivian