axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: REST support on Axis2/C
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:17:14 GMT
It could be that the XML parser is looking at the accept charset and 
trying to change the character set and failing? It shouldn't of course (as 
this is a content negotiation thing it should just do what it knows).

Anyway, hopefully this helps ..

Sanjiva.

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Uthaiyashankar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the problem is browser dependent. When I checked with Firefox, 
>> it is failing. But works, when I checked with IE. FireFox sends a 
>> header "Accept-Charset" which causes problem. When I capture the 
>> message using tcpmon, and then remove that header, it works. We have 
>> to debug and find the problem.
> 
> It fails on "Accept-Charset" ... strange...
> 
> Samisa...
> 
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shankar.
>>
>> Gupta, Shivam wrote:
>>> Ok.. I get your point. I apologize for misunderstanding the issue.
>>>
>>> However, I do have enabled the GET method in my service before firing 
>>> the request from the browser. For your reference, I have attached the 
>>> services.xml and am also listing the various URI that I entered in 
>>> the browser to access the service :
>>>
>>>
>>> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/get_echo/Hello
>>> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/echo/get_echo/Hello
>>>
>>> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/get_echo/"Hello"
>>>
>>> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/echo/get_echo/"Hello"
>>>
>>> Please guide me.
>>> Shivam.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa@wso2.com]
>>> Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:59 AM
>>> To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
>>> Subject: Re: REST support on Axis2/C
>>>
>>> Gupta, Shivam wrote:
>>>  
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>>    Yes I have. Infact, if I haven't enabled it, even the echo_rest 
>>>> client should not have worked.
>>>>     
>>> echo_rest uses a POST, and your browser request uses a GET.
>>>
>>> Samisa...
>>>
>>>  
>>>> Please help.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Shivam.
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa@wso2.com]
>>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:48 PM
>>>> To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
>>>> Subject: Re: REST support on Axis2/C
>>>>
>>>> Have you enabled GET method in your service?
>>>>
>>>> Samisa...
>>>>
>>>> Gupta, Shivam wrote:
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>
>>>>>     I have been trying to invoke the echo web service supplied with
>>>>> Axis2/C using REST based invocation. When I try using the echo_rest
>>>>> client, the service responds just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>>    However, when I try to invoke the echo web sercvice using a web
>>>>> browser, I get no response from the Axis. The browser just hangs in a
>>>>> wait state. Could you tell me what could possibly be going wrong? I
>>>>> entered the following query styring in the URL window of the browser:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://172.31.24.18:2106/axis2c/services/echo/echoString?text='hello'
>>>>> <http://172.31.24.18:2106/axis2c/services/echo/echoString?text=%27hel
>>>>> l
>>>>> o%27>
>>>>>
>>>>>     It would be great if you could help me here.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Shivam.
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> -
>>>>> -- 
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>>> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>>>>> Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1724 - Release Date:
>>>>> 10/14/2008 2:02 AM
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>       
>>>> -- 
>>>> Samisa Abeysinghe
>>>> Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>>>
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> -- 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>>>> Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1726 - Release Date:
>>>> 10/15/2008 7:29 AM
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Samisa Abeysinghe
>>> Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.
>>>
>>> http://www.wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company"
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>>
>>>   
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 
>> 270.8.1/1733 - Release Date: 10/19/2008 6:02 PM


-- 
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder & Director; Lanka Software Foundation; http://www.opensource.lk/
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org/
Visiting Lecturer; University of Moratuwa; http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message