axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Uthaiyashankar <shan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: REST support on Axis2/C
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:17:06 GMT
Hi,

I think the problem is browser dependent. When I checked with Firefox, 
it is failing. But works, when I checked with IE. FireFox sends a header 
"Accept-Charset" which causes problem. When I capture the message using 
tcpmon, and then remove that header, it works. We have to debug and find 
the problem.

Regards,
Shankar.

Gupta, Shivam wrote:
> Ok.. I get your point. I apologize for misunderstanding the issue.
>
> However, I do have enabled the GET method in my service before firing the request from
the browser. For your reference, I have attached the services.xml and am also listing the
various URI that I entered in the browser to access the service :
>
>
> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/get_echo/Hello
> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/echo/get_echo/Hello
>
> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/get_echo/"Hello"
>
> http://172.31.24.198:1983/axis2/services/echo/get_echo/"Hello"
>
> Please guide me.
> Shivam.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa@wso2.com]
> Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:59 AM
> To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
> Subject: Re: REST support on Axis2/C
>
> Gupta, Shivam wrote:
>   
>> Hi,
>>
>>    Yes I have. Infact, if I haven't enabled it, even the echo_rest client should
not have worked.
>>     
> echo_rest uses a POST, and your browser request uses a GET.
>
> Samisa...
>
>   
>> Please help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shivam.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa@wso2.com]
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:48 PM
>> To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
>> Subject: Re: REST support on Axis2/C
>>
>> Have you enabled GET method in your service?
>>
>> Samisa...
>>
>> Gupta, Shivam wrote:
>>
>>     
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>     I have been trying to invoke the echo web service supplied with
>>> Axis2/C using REST based invocation. When I try using the echo_rest
>>> client, the service responds just fine.
>>>
>>>    However, when I try to invoke the echo web sercvice using a web
>>> browser, I get no response from the Axis. The browser just hangs in a
>>> wait state. Could you tell me what could possibly be going wrong? I
>>> entered the following query styring in the URL window of the browser:
>>>
>>>
>>> http://172.31.24.18:2106/axis2c/services/echo/echoString?text='hello'
>>> <http://172.31.24.18:2106/axis2c/services/echo/echoString?text=%27hel
>>> l
>>> o%27>
>>>
>>>     It would be great if you could help me here.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shivam.
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> -
>>> --
>>>
>>>
>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>>> Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1724 - Release Date:
>>> 10/14/2008 2:02 AM
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> --
>> Samisa Abeysinghe
>> Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> http://www.wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company"
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --
>>
>>
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>> Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1726 - Release Date:
>> 10/15/2008 7:29 AM
>>
>>
>>     
>
>
> --
> Samisa Abeysinghe
> Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.
>
> http://www.wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company"
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org


-- 
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect
WSO2 Inc. 
http://wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company" 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message