axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: APIs for ws-security paramenters
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 05:06:33 GMT
Hi, Uthaiyashankar,

Thanks much for the info. I am a bit surprised that we can only set the few parameters programmably.
I don't think it's ideal for client users to set up so many parameters in a complicated
xml file in a file system. For my self, I would certainly like to provide a UI for client users to
configure all the different parameters, just like what soapUI does. but without the rampart
APIs, I would not be able to do that. Any plans that you will be able to provide the APIs?

Thanks again!
Raymond

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Uthaiyashankar <shankar@wso2.com> wrote:

From: Uthaiyashankar <shankar@wso2.com>
Subject: Re: APIs for ws-security paramenters
To: "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
Cc: axis-c-users@ws.apache.org, rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 3:31 AM

Hi Raymond,

For client side, you can set username, password, password type and time
to live parameters programatically.  However, other options (like
certificate, key, etc.) have to be set using policy files. We have to
implement missing options. You can find more details from [1]

Regards,
Shankar

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPARTC-56

--