axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: APIs for ws-security paramenters
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 04:31:12 GMT
Hi, Uthaiyashankar,

I might actually be able to do the patch (providing APIs). But before I go
to talk to my boss,  could you give me some estimates of the scope.
I did not dig deep into the code, but I imagine it shouldn't be that
complicated. I can pass the parameters from axis2/c just like
rampart/c is currently doing for username/password, right?

Another question: How do I test my web service client to make sure
ws-security works? I need a web service server that support ws-security,
right? How can I set up and find such a server? Any help is really
appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
Frank

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Uthaiyashankar <shankar@wso2.com> wrote:

From: Uthaiyashankar <shankar@wso2.com>
Subject: Re: APIs for ws-security paramenters
To: rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 5:21 AM

Hi Raymond,

No plans as of now. Will be adding the APIs when time permits.. Do you
need it urgently? Infact, it would be great if you can provide a patch :)

Regards,
Shankar

Raymond Zhou wrote:
> Hi, Uthaiyashankar,
>
> Thanks much for the info. I am a bit surprised that we can only set the
few parameters programmably. I don't think it's ideal for client users
to set up so many parameters in a complicated xml file in a file system. For my
self, I would certainly like to provide a UI for client users to configure all
the different parameters, just like what soapUI does. but without the rampart
APIs, I would not be able to do that. Any plans that you will be able to provide
the APIs?

<axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

--
S.Uthaiyashankar