axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Hatim Daginawala" <Hatim.Daginaw...@argodata.com>
Subject RE: Service client options to set custom HTTP headers
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:14:55 GMT
Thank you. That answered my question. Custom http headers need to get
freed after axis2_svc_client_send_receive if I am going to reuse the
service client.

So if I use the new proposed interface to add a custom http header, how
will I free the custom headers (or all http headers) after
axis2_svc_client_send_receive?
Is there going to be an API to free custom headers as well?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Danushka Menikkumbura [mailto:danushka@wso2.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:08 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: Service client options to set custom HTTP headers

> You mean, if I add headers using
> axis2_options_set_http_headers(options, env, http_header_list);
> I shouldn't have to free http_header_list?
>
> That causes memory leaks in my application...

Hatim,
    axis2_options_set_http_headers adds the header list as a property
and this list gets freed only when the client options get freed. So no
wonder it causes a memory leak unless you free the header list just
after calling axis2_svc_client_send_receive. Even in the implementation
that I have proposed for custom HTTP headers, the caller is responsible
for freeing the custom headers, all the custom headers get freed when
the client options get freed, though.

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura