axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Processing of “parameter” configuration values
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 04:24:01 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi all,
> As we all know, with Axis2/C we can specify a configuration value as a
> parameter i.e. in services.xml.
> <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="xsd:false">echo</parameter>
> These are usefull for specifying custom configuraions i.e module
> configurations.
> When we specify a xml element as the parameter value the behaviour is
> little bit confusing.  I'm reffering  to the code in desc_builder.c:
> 611-641. From the code it seems that it tries to create a new
> parameter for every child xml element recursively. Then it store these
> new parameters in an array list of the original parameter. Ultimately
> it tries to capture the xml configuration in a tree like structure. In
> this tree structure we have axutil_param_t to represent nodes instead
> of axiom_node_t.
> <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="xsd:false"><myconfig
> myattribute:"value">10</myconfig ></parameter>
> For the above configuration we will have a parameter named
> ServiceClass and in its internal arraylist we will have another
> parameter with the name myconfig. The problem with this approach is
> that it cannot capture the entire XML configuration. i.e xml namespaces.
> AFAIK the most logical thing would be to store the element as an axiom
> node in the configuration and return it when requested. It is up to
> the entity which defines the parameter to process the axiom node and
> retrieve values from it. This approach is much cleaner and gives the
> maximum control. AFAIK Java implementation works in this way. So how
> about changing the processing to store the axiom node?

If this is done, what will happen to current way of processing
parameters, specially those done in modules such as addressing, Rampart
and Sandesha?

> Thanks,
> Supun..
> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc
> Checked by AVG -

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc. - "The Open Source SOA Company"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message