axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Merging the MTOM caching implementation branch with the trunk
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:49:31 GMT

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 15:37 +0500, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that we needed chunking because we don't want the whole
> buffer to be in the memory at once. I'm not sure about the Apache web
> server but with IIS when we write the response we can write it several
> times.
>
> For example lets say we have the response in a file. We can read part
> of this file and write it. Then we can read the other part and write
> it. So chunking is not a must in this scenario. If there a way to do
> this in Apache server, we can get rid of this chunking requirement
> very easily.

With Apache2 it is not a problem. When we give the message as parts to
httpd it will automatically send them as chunk. Even some times when you
give the whole message as a one buffer httpd sends them via chunking. I
have already fixed the new stuff to work with Apache2.

Problem may be with some non Axis2/C clients which do not support HTTP
1.1 and some Axis2/C dependent projects like WSO2 WSF/RUBY. AFAIK Ruby
on Rails does not support HTTP chunking.