axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MTOM Caching With a user provided callback
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:03:09 GMT
Hi,

> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:46 +0530, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > And what I am wondering is that, if we are truly using the pull model,
> > should we be pulling the attachments form the stream before we hit the
> > service?
>
> In order to do this we may need to stop parsing the incoming stream
> after we found the SOAP part. Then need to find a place to continue
> parsing after we found the service.

Does this mean that Axis2/c parses the whole MIME message beforehand?.

> > Looks like something is wrong.
>
> Yes this is a design issue. For example in Axis2/Java they just write to
> a temporary file during caching. I think it is not a user provided
> option. Please correct me if I am wrong. But in our case we are trying
> to access service level parameters even before the dispatching
> happened.

yes...You are correct..  We just give the temporary file option for the
user.

Talking about your case, IMHO we don't want to cache the SOAP part at all
and it's the SOAP part that's needed in order to dispatch to the service.
Attachments in other MIME parts will be requested by the service only by the
business logic or the data binding layer depending whether or not that layer
supports the differed building of attachments. At that point we are aware of
the service and even the operation. We might be able to pass in that
information to the MIME parser when we are requesting the actual attachment.

There is the very rare case of SOAP part not being the first MIME part
scenerio which will break the above model as you need to parse the earlier
MIME parts before getting to the SOAP part.  But frankly I have not seeing
any web service engine or client does that, even though the spec does not
restricts it.

 thanks,
Thilina

> [...]
> > >     will work
> > >     > seamlessly, as service level parameters override conf level
> params.
> > >
> > >     When we are invoking the mime_parser the service is not dispatched.
> So
> > >     the mime_parser don't know which callback to load if it is
> > >     specified in
> > >     the services.xml.
> > >
> > >     >
> > >     > Samisa...
> > >     >
> > >     > >
> > >     > >> Thanks,
> > >     > >> Samisa...
> > >     > >>
> > >     > >>
> > >     > >>> Any way I
> > >     > >>> will integrate the stuff when the sending side is finished.
> > >     > >>>
> > >     > >>> Thanks,
> > >     > >>> -Manjula.
> > >     > >>>
> > >     > >>>
> > >     > >>> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 12:12 +0530, Manjula Peiris wrote:
> > >     > >>>
> > >     > >>>
> > >     > >>>> Hi all,
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> I have developed the MTOM Caching stuff and it is
almost
> > >     finished in the
> > >     > >>>> receiving side. The implementation is here [1] as
a branch.
> > >     I have
> > >     > >>>> tested with a 160MB attachment and the results are
> > >     promising. The main
> > >     > >>>> advantage of this implementation is it keeps a fixed
user
> > >     defined size
> > >     > >>>> of the attachment at any moment during the attachment
> > >     processing. The
> > >     > >>>> user can implement his own callback to cache the
> > >     attachment. I have
> > >     > >>>> included a sample callback [2] which stores the attachment
> > >     in to a
> > >     > >>>> file.
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> Following are the user configurable parameters in
axis2.xml.
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> <parameter name="MTOMBufferSize"
> locked="false">10</parameter>
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> Using this parameter the user can govern the caching
> > >     threshold. This is
> > >     > >>>> in KB and I will fix this to be in MB.For example
this is
> > >     10 means any
> > >     > >>>> attachment greater than 10KB will be cached.
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> <parameter name="MTOMMaxBuffers"
> > >     locked="false">1000</parameter>
> > >     > >>>>
> > >     > >>>> This will tell maximum numbers of buffers Axis2/C
can
> > >     handle when the
> > >     > >>>> attachment comes with a pretty large SOAP envelope.
Because