axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Test suite for transports [was: Re: Test suite for HTTP transport]
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 05:49:46 GMT

Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Do you think this is the correct discussion for refactoring the
> transport? Or I'm I missing something?

OK, I fixed the subject :)

I think, in addition to what you have mentioned, the testing should also
verify:

1. Content received and content sent
2. Transport specific stuff such as content length, chunk verification etc.
3. Handling of REST cases vs. SOAP cases (right now we have these
associated with transports, logically speaking, that is not right,
because REST and SOAP should be at a higher level. Still since the
current code have them, we have to have tests for those. After
refactoring, we should ideally have those REST and SOAP chunks of logic
on top of transports. In fact, REST is tightly bound to HTTP, but that
does not mean that we cannot do POX like transactions using other
transports as well)
4. There should also be tests that cover the interface between transport
and other layers that use the transport

Thanks,
Samisa...

> Supun..
>
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Supun Kamburugamuva
> <supun06@gmail.com <mailto:supun06@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi list,
>
>     These are the key areas that comes to my mind that we should focus
>     on for testing.
>
>     1. It should work for all sorts of HTTP scenarios. Headers and
>     data are the key things. We can focus on different combinations.
>     2. Should not leak memory
>     3. Should have good performance characteristics
>
>     Thoughts?
>
>     Supun..

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.