axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Correct Axis2/C coding conventions.
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 07:20:33 GMT
Ruwan Janapriya wrote:
> Hi All,
> Following is extracted from Axis2/C coding convention document [1].
> " 4. Function Parameters and Return Value Conventions
>       Each function should be passed a pointer to an instance of the
> axutil_env_t struct as the *first *parameter. If the function is
> tightly bound to a struct, the *second *parameter is a pointer to an
> instance of that struct. "
> But almost all the functions implemented in Axis2/C, axutil_env_t is
> passed as the *second *parameter if there is a tightly bound struct
> available(that struct would be the *first *parameter).

I think the document is outdated and needs fixing. We later changed this
convention, that if is it a "member" function of a struct, then the
first param should be the pointer to struct and the second should be env
If it is a non member function, env would be the first.
> Further to above, AFAIK, in every "if", "else" statements, Axis2/C
> uses curly brackets even when there is one line of code present under
> it. BUT in the above document has code snippets, which does not adhere
> to that.
> don't we have to correct the document?

We need to. And you can help :)