axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Caching support for MTOM
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 16:15:11 GMT

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 19:50 +0600, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Manjula Peiris wrote:
> > Hi Samisa,
> >
> > Sorry for not describing those functions. Ideally when a user will
> > provide a callback function and a callback_ctx in which the necessary
> > information is kept in between caching. For example when we are writing
> > to a file we open the file only once and keep on appending when we call
> > the callback function. So the file handler should be kept inside this
> > callback_ctx. Since the current implementation is yet to provide this
> > callback functionality, for the time being I have put the caching
> > function inside mime_parser. So if any one is interested now he can keep
> > those function headers and just replace the implementation with his
> > caching logic. I also changed the caching function name to
> > axis2_caching_callback . Following is a description of what each
> > function do.
> >

> Manjula, thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how this model
> would apply to a situation where I want to write the stuff to a database.
> > init_handler - This will create a caching source and return a void* to
> > that.
> >
> Ope DB connection
> > axis2_caching_callback - This will do the caching using the created
> > source above.
> >
> Keep writing the blob to DB
> > close_handler - This will close the caching source.
> >
> Close DB connection
>
> WDYT?

Yes ideally it is matching to the Database stuff as well. So I am
thinking of providing a user callback containing implementation of these
3 functions. The callback struct itself will keep function pointers to
these functions. When the callback is loaded it will assign these
functions to the function pointers.