axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Supun Kamburugamuva" <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - Implementation of the XPath specification in Axis/C
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:06:40 GMT
Hi Divye,

>  You should ideally make use of the XML reader/write API, but the AXIOMs
>  XPath implementation should be independent of the underlying parser.
>  Meaning that we should be able to pluggin any new parser through a wrapper
>  and make use of your implementation.

AFAIK we don't have to worry about the underlying XML readers and
writers. XPath should be working on the Axiom/C node tree.  At the
very abstract level an XPath expression should be evaluated on top of
an Axiom/C node and should give a result (possibly an Axiom/C node
set) depending on the expression and Axiom/C node tree.

Also we don't expect XPath to be integrated in to the Axis2/C or any
modules that goes with it for this project. Actually the need for
XPath is with the Rampart/C implementation but at the moment you don't
have to consider these details.

Regards,
Supun..