axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Dumindu Pallewela" <pallew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC: XPath support for Axiom
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:34:50 GMT
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Varuna Jayasiri <vpjayasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
>  I would like to know how much consideration should be given to the
> performance of the XPath engine, since performance will be critical if large
> amounts of data are to be queried.
[/snip]

I don't think that you should worry about performance at the early
stages of development as far as it is performs sensibly well. What
should you be concerned about is getting the API properly and writing
clean manageable code.

[snip]
Should it be made extendable (flexible)
> so that performance issues could be dealt later on, without giving it much
> consideration at this stage
[/snip]

yes. that'll be the way to go, i suppose.

Regards,
Dumindu.
--
Dumindu Pallewela