axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Problem with proper service client set up?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 03:20:53 GMT
Frank Zhou wrote:
> Hi Senaka,
> I just tried the API
> axis2_svc_client_send_receive(_wsf_service_client,_env,
> payload) and it works. So that means I don't have to
> set the operation for the client call? How does the
> server know which operation to perform then?

The information of what method to call is contained withing the message
sent. There are several mechanisms to pick the operations.
    - Using the request URI
    - Using SOAP action (when using SOAP 1.1)
    - Using SOAP body's first element name
    - Using the nsamespace of the SOAP body's first element name
    - Using WS-A action
> I used axis-j for sometime, I remember that to prepare
> a client call, I have to set few things to the call
> object, like the opreation name, the port name, and
> the soap bindling style (document/literal et cetera).
> In AXIS2/c service APIs, how does a client set up
> these things?

The binding style is determined by the service. So ideally you have to
be using service WSDL to implement the client, in which case, you have
to use the WSDL2C tool to code generate.
The generated code will handle the binding stuff for you.

As far as the service client API is concerned, there is no way to govern
the binding style using options. You have to prepare the payload so
match the binding, if you are not using WSDL2C generated code with ADB
data binding.

Samisa Abeysinghe
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc. - "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message