axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasa Vucenovic" <svuceno...@incognito.com>
Subject Namespeace prefix issue
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 04:22:45 GMT
Hello, I am using Apache Axis C++ 1.6 on the server side and recently I tried using Apache
CXF 2.0.4 as the client. I got into the problem with CXF not being able to parse out correctly
my server's response, I tracked the issue to be due to the namespace prefix mechanism Axis
uses. For an example my server returns following SOAP response (body shown here):

<ns1:loginOutputData xmlns:ns1="http://incognito.com/sipprovisioning/ <https://webmail.incognito.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://webmail.incognito.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://incognito.com/sipprovisioning/>
">
<returnErrorCode>13<returnErrorCode>
<authToken>
<ns1:item>10</ns1:item>
<authToken>
</ns1:loginOutputData>

which CXF client doesn't parse out properly - it issues no exceptions, however the values
are not correct, e.g. returnErrorCode is 0, and authToken is null. Once I sent back hard-coded
response like below:

<ns1:loginOutputData xmlns:ns1="http://incognito.com/sipprovisioning/ <https://webmail.incognito.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://webmail.incognito.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://incognito.com/sipprovisioning/>
">
<ns1:returnErrorCode>13</ns1:returnErrorCode>
<ns1:authToken>
<ns1:item>10</ns1:item>
</ns1:authToken>
</ns1:loginOutputData>

client was happy and it displayed correct values. Now, I am not that knowledgeable when it
comes to XML and SOAP, but I would like to know if my server is doing the correct thing, or
is there a way in the code to turn on namespace prefixing for each XML element in the response?
It does seem a bit strange that ns1 prefix is not used on returnErrorCode and authToken but
it is used on item within authToken. I browsed through auto-generated web service code (built
using WSDL2WS tool) and noticed that simple element types are not serialized with prefixes.
On the client side I use Java 1.6, which comes in SE with XML/SOAP packages that Apache CXF
uses. Of course, all is nice and dandy when using Apache Axis Java client.

Thanks in advance,

Sasha