axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Caching support for large attachments
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:34:58 GMT
On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:42 -0400, Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi Manjula,
> Sounds great..
>
> Just a small clarification..
> >  What we can do in our implementation is after extracting the binary
> >  content write that to a file
> In Axis2/Java case we do write the attachment content directly from
> the InputStream to the File when the attachment size is larger than
> the threshold.  This avoids loading the whole attachment to the memory
> at all.

In this case to find out the attachment size don't you need to do any
mime parsing? How do you find the attachment size with out searching for
the mime boundaries ? In Axis2/C the problem we have is we will be aware
of the size of the attachment only after extracting the attachments. We
can't determine it from the content length. Because a message with a
large soap envelope or a message with large number of small attachments
will have a larger content length.

> This has the plus point that the attachment size will be
> limited only by the available free space in the Temp Directory..
> Will that be possible in Axis2/C.. Or is that wat you have in mind :)..

Yes this is possible.