axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Caching support for large attachments
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:48:57 GMT
Hi devs,

In the current MTOM implementation we are keeping the whole attachment
in memory until passing it to the reciever. The [1] is on supporting
some sort of caching in order to handle large attachments. Axis2/Java
does this by writing the attachment to a file when it exceeds a certain
threshold.

What we can do in our implementation is after extracting the binary
content write that to a file and keeping the file name inside
data_handler instead of the whole buffer. So the service or the client
will get the file name instead of the buffered stream, when it receives
an attachment. This will not prevent buffering the attachment at the
transport but will prevent keeping it inside the om_tree till it reaches
the receiver.

Before implementing this I would like to know your suggestions regarding
this.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-672

Thanks,
-Manjula