axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 RC1
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:03:04 GMT
Hi Dimuthu,

"Dimuthu Gamage" <> writes:

> Hi Dinesh,
> I checked the Linux binary with the WSDL2C tests, they all working
> fine. Anyway personally I didn't felt well when the rest client
> happened to fail at the first try, I don't have any clue how to get it
> run just looking at the help message.

I agree with you. I felt the same way when It fails first time for me.

> So I have 2 suggestions.
> 1. Not giving clients a default behavior.
>    I.e. when arguments are not provided, give a help message which has
> references to what should  be done in services.xml in order to run the
> samples.
> 2. Just uncommenting http post method in the services.xml in the echo
> service. So at least it will successful in the first try.

I would like your 2nd suggestion for the default action, because IMO,
for a user who trying this first time failing impression is not
good. And we can add help message for other scenarios. For an example,
When user  try out GET method on POST enabled service, we could
display helpful message to give him a clue.

Guys, We need feedback on RC1 with following scenarios

Every one don't need to test every scenario, pick whatever you feel
important to test. Hope to see more feedback.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message