axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sanj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Issue in using 'detach' for cloning
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:37:13 GMT
Hi Bill,

    I have applied the updated patch to the branch. So I think we can
have the branch ready until we come to a decision.

thanks

    ~sanjaya

Bill Mitchell wrote:
> Sanjaya, you raise a question that I was going to ask Dinesh.  In my mind, I see Jira
675 as a bug.  For some xml document trees, detach generates a structure that is later unusable
by the adb stubs that depend on it.  As such, it could still be a candidate for inclusion
in 1.3.  And I see our other two activities, an axiom_node_copy_tree and axiom_node_clone_tree
routines that solve some other, similar issues for the higher level apps as a new feature,
isolated and relatively safe, but still at this point warranting exclusion from any current
release activity as a new feature.

> But, it's not my decision; I think it's up to Dinesh.
>
> I did notice that you had built a branch, and I extracted a copy, although I think I
grabbed a copy by revision number.  I will be seeking today to take my axiom_node_copy_tree
routine and include it there.