axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Adding New Service/Operation to AXIS2C
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:27:01 GMT
Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>

>> It doesn't look like AXIS2C is currently capable of adding new Services
>> or Operations dynamically. We will be imbedding AXIS2C in our commercial
>> application, and have additional requirements that are not in the the
>> current product (We think).
>>

> No, we don't support hot deployment.

Hot deployment is not supported, but you can add services and operations
dynamically, using the configuration hierarchy, programatically.
We have done it with WSO2's products and it works.

>> It appears that AXIS2C reads the potential services it has on startup,
>> and keeps the service.xml and the DLL that contains the web service
>> routines in a locked state. We have the need to dynamically add new
>> services, and operations to an existing service. This can be done by
>> bringing the server down, and then back up with the new DLL and
>> service.xml file, but this is not desirable (given that we want to be as
>> close to 24/7 as possible).
>>

> Server restart will take around a minute, so if you set the timeout to
> greater than say 2 minutes on your client side, you shouldn't see any
> issues.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, you can add services and operations
dynamically, and implement your own message receiver to get the job
done. This way, you do not need to shut down.

Samisa...